MusicStat is first and only Traxsource statistics and the most complete Beatport statistics website.
FREE Members have additional automatic benefits, listed below in this FAQ, like e.g.:
- track intelligence features
- personalizations and daily emails
- access to synth presets and stems for a track, by the original artist or covered where available, via PayPal on the track page
- other forthcoming features...
We started from clean and safe datas, without that gaps which tipically afflict other chart websites.
We collect and update all the charts by Traxsource and Beatport portals on daily basis, tipically between 11 and 12 (GTM timezone).
Even if we retain charts from the latest 5 years, we make calculations starting from the last 2 years, in order to keep the data meaningful and applicable nowadays.
To be more consistent against Traxsource, which tipically updates its charts every 2 hours, we detect the daily change on Beatport, collect all portals charts and calculate the stats & rankings once per day. This process is completely automatic: you will be alerted via email if you're a FREE member and your tracks are charted.
During the MusicStat update, we also collect details for charted labels, artists, tracks:
- external links
MusicStat automatically adjusts some typical penalties caused by the portals themselves, resulting in fragmented positioning or reset achievements:
- genre reassignment for a track (all)
- genres reorganization (all)
- track flapping (Beatport)
Even if the big portals put effort, money and skills, our algorithms highlighted any possible bug on their portals occurred during the last years. And we fixed all of them.
Please take this aspect in great consideration before contacting us, since almost everything in MusicStat is mathematic and automatic.
Forthcoming features to be announced:
- samples eventually used by a particular track
- eventual videos on Youtube for a track
We have solid experience in ICT certifications, industry standards, multinational contexts since '90s.
We leveraged Bayesian Estimation, Jacobian Statistics, stock trading algorithms to get accurate position forecasts, downloads predictions and business intelligence.
We are also well established experts in electronic music since decades. For all these reasons, we brought all these skills into the music charts.
We feed through the Services explained below in the dedicated FAQ section:
- Banners sitewide
- Dedicated download consultancy to reach a determined position, thanks to our super correlator and fanbase
- Stems & Synth presets
FREE Membership (free forever)
FREE Members get from the following track intelligence features:
- Position forecast for tomorrow, for any track (relevant TRACK PAGES)
- Best selling day / month, for any track (relevant TRACK PAGES)
- Clicks to the Beatport / Traxsource external link, for any track / artist / label
In addition, FREE Members can personalize:
- The default chart to be loaded
( button in the CHARTS PAGES)
- A label, which will automatically bind all the label's artists and all the relative tracks on all the charts
- An artist, which will automatically bind all the artist's tracks
- A single track
- where they are charted (Beatport, Traxsource, Tech House, Stems, etc)
- which position for each track
- tracks progressions compared to yesterday
A label, artist, track can be bound only by one single member. So please take particular care when you configure bindings, because somebody else could claim for it. In that case, we will ask you to provide evidences about your ownership.
FREE Members that bind themselves to a track / artist / label receive an email with their daily progress and get a modal window on the website with all their daily relevant recap. These alerts dramatically speed up the daily checkings and operations.
- If you are a label, please bind only your label / labels: you will automatically receive a full report about your artists and tracks.
- If you are an artist, please bind only your artist name / names: you will automatically receive a full report about your tracks.
- If you are a singer, musician, stakeholder on a particular track, please bind only the single track / tracks: you will automatically receive a full report about your tracks.
The default chart to be loaded when a member opens the website can be selected via in the CHARTS PAGES
The bindings can be done from a label / artist / track page via in the relevant label / artist / track page, or very quickly IN THE PROFILE PAGE via the searchboxes.
If you try to bind your user to a label or an artist, you could be alerted that the label or the artist is already bound to another user.
We can't reveal any identity since we don't retain users' informations, but we will help you to bind your label or artist after some verifications. Please check that:
- the label or artist haven't been bound from e.g. your partners, workers, collaborators
- the label or artist name is correctly spelled
- you have a proof of your rights over that label or artist name, e.g. a Facebook Official page where we can contact you
After these verifications, please contact us via our contact page, providing a proof of your identity and of your rights over that specific label or artist.
Points are calculated daily for every single track:
- Position #1 gets 100 points, Position #100 gets 1 point
- Artists, remixers, labels get points from every single track
- A track charted both on genre chart and general chart gets points from both the charts
- An artist stated both as original artist and remixer gets points from both the roles
- If you find significant variations compared to other rankings websites, please check if your charted tracks were unpublished or republished by Traxsource and/or Beatport. Our statistics are accurate and updated.
- If you don't find full respondence to your published tracks, please again check if during the years they were unpublished or republished by Traxsource and/or Beatport
- Track genre changes, new genres, new charts, etc are automatically recognized and won't affect the points calculations
- Statistics are calculated from the current and the last year (actually from 1 January 2018) in order to be as practical and actual as possible
- Our statistics use the same algorithm in order to harmonize Traxsource and Beatport rankings and calculations
Our algorithms are fair and accurate. E.g. if two or more artists reach the same rank, they are equally evaluated. If 2 artists reach contemporarily position #1, they are tied to position #1 and the 3th artist reaches the position #2. The most common websites rank them at #1, #2, #3, based on their nicknames sorted in alphabetical ascending order, not by achievements. For this and other reasons explained sitewide, we are able to certify every single chart, stat, rank. Any other algorithm is unfair or unaccurate.
Statistic calculations for FREE Members take benefit of cross approaches:
- TSF Time Series Forecast
- EMA Exponential Moving Average both on 2 and 5 days
- RBE Recursive Bayesian estimation together with Bayesian Inference
- [ previous song
- ] next song
- L loop on / off
- M mute on / off
- S shuffle on / off
- . or > volume up
- , or < volume down
- <- rewind 2" (please don't hold)
- -> fast forward 2" (please don't hold)
Advertising & Additional Services
At MusicStat we feed through banners, so we have plenty room for publishing your advertisement. We offer:
- FLAT transparent rates monthly / yearly / special period (e.g. music festival), NO per-click NO per-views
- a control panel to check your views and clicks whenever you're comfortable
- redirection tracking under some conditions:
- we are able to track if a click generated a sell on your track
- sell portal (Traxsource or Beatport)
- country of origin
- 4 visibility profiles:
- sitewide, for any portal or page, including profile, faq, etc
- portalwide, e.g. any Traxsource chart, track, artist, label
- chartwide, e.g. only on Traxsource House Chart page
- chartwide + main, e.g. only on Traxsource House Chart page + Traxsource TOP 100
- 5 different placements:
- header left
- header right
- footer left
- footer right
- audio player (the playing track cover will be randomly replaced by your banner)
In order to ensure the maximum benefit for the users, the audience, the advertiser himself, the ads must comply with some quality standards:
- the advertisement should be appropriate to our target audience, e.g. Music, Events, Social, etc.
- graphics must be aligned to the market quality, thus meaning that we could ask further improvements
- ads must not contain prohibited or illegal content. The following types of content may be classified as prohibited:
- pictures of real or simulated violence, criminal activity or accidents
- sexually explicit content (with the exception of explicit titles)
- images of sexual abuse
- content that advocates the doing of a terrorist act
- content instructing or promoting crime or violence
After these verifications, please contact us via our contact page and apply for a quote, stating the advertisement campaign duration, which banner you like to book on our website, a draft of your graphics to get the idea.
You will be assigned to a banner manager who will take care of your advertising campaign.
We can provide accurate and affordable consultancy about MP3 DOWNLOADS, in order to reach a determined position. We both leverage our on-demand super correlator to calculate how many downloads are required to reach the desired position.
We also spread track awareness through our fanbase ring, allowing a track to reach exact selling targets for the requested day / period.
If you're a label or an artist, you have the possibility to earn an extra income from your track or your whole catalog.
You can apply to become a MusicStat contributor. An additional control panel will be enabled and you can upload:
These files will be available for download in the track page (this is a forthcoming feature) and you can check your earnings anytime via your control panel.
At MusicStat we really care about user privacy, because users are our main asset.
Our users database already complies with the EU GDPR Law "General Data Protection Regulation":
- email and password used during the signup are stored as 2 distinct encrypted hashes
- email and password you send via login form are hashed and compared with the stored ones
- we store emails in a standalone system, which retrieves the relevant chart positions via a connection initiated by its side and sends the recap emails autonomously to the users who requested them
We retain consolidated statistics about charts and about download informations provided by users. We don't retain the charts themselves whilst they are public, because we respect every form of copyright, even the most volatile one.
By accessing the website at https://www.musicstat.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on MusicStat's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the informations for any commercial purpose, except for sharing MusicStat's pages on social networks;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any material contained on MusicStat's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by MusicStat at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on MusicStat's website are provided on an "as is" basis. MusicStat makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, MusicStat does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy or reliability of the use of the materials relating to any sites mentioned into this site.
In no event shall MusicStat or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MusicStat's website, even if MusicStat or a MusicStat authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on MusicStat's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. MusicStat does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current, except for the datas which may however be affected by typographic errors. MusicStat may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However MusicStat does not make any commitment to update the materials, since they come from external websites.
MusicStat has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MusicStat of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
7. Track Components / Track Items
"Track components" (also referred to "track items") are loops, presets, video tutorials or other general files related to a particular track.
MusicStat acts as a broker between the uploader of these components and the final buyer. An approval process is in place, but we can't grant for the content or the property of such material, hence we aren't legally responsible for any illicit or illegal content.
However the uploader accepts that we can authorize, decline, delete the material at our sole discretion. In case of deletion, any obligation about that particular material is automatically solved.
All other the terms, licenses, disclaimer, limitations contained in these MusicStat Terms of Service also apply to track components.
MusicStat may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. It's up to the final user to check for updates. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
9. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of European Union and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State or location MusicStat operates in.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect only emails and IP addresses (herein after "personal informations") by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal informations, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by General Data Protection Regulation law.
- Personal informations should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
We ask your the email as your unique login and, upon allowance, to provide you with chart positions about your own tracks. Social login is intended for your convenience: single sign on without the need to remember again another password. You can revoke any allowance anytime via your profile page.
We retain an hashed version of your password in order for your login to work: we ourselves can never inspect it, so please be sure to choose a strong one and to change it periodically.
Finally we retain access IP and timestamp for compliance reasons, to run this website without any disruption caused by legal issues.